Human Version 2.0 November 30, 2006Posted by Unreasonable in Matters Nuerological, Matters Technological.
BBC Horizon aired an episode called Human 2.0 in October 2006.
This is the story of how biology and technology will combine to create a new kind of human.
- Ray Kurtzwiel – the 2029 singularity.
- John Chapin – remote controlled rats.
- Miguel Nicolelis – implanted electrodes into monkey’s brains to allow them to control robotic arms using their thoughts. Here’s a short, slightly disturbing clip of that from another show:
- Philip Kennedy – Eric Ramsey was paralyzed and lost the ability to speak. Kennedy has implanted electrodes into Eric’s brain to allow him to speak thru a computer.
- Hugo de Garis – artilects (artificial intellects), god-like machines.
- Henry Markram – copying a rat’s brain one nueron at a time. His virtual brain is about 1 year away from completion.
- Seth Lloyd – quantum computers.
- Ted Kosinski (unibomber) – the revolution against it all.
BBC’s program summary and short clips: BBC Horizon – Human 2.0